Thursday, January 12, 2006

 

Board Games played 11Jan06

Time for a session report. I realize now I must do a better job of keeping details during a game.

Before heading off to meet with my game group my 10 year-old son asked if I wanted to play a quick game of Blink, by Out of the Box Publishing. All games of Blink are quick so I agreed with the stipulation that we play the game with equal decks. In the past I have handicapped him and never quite got it right. Blink is a speed game where you have a hand of three cards and a draw pile of additional cards. Game ends when one player plays all of his cards. There are no turns and as soon as the game starts players play to one of two piles, drawing cards after each play to get back to three cards. Since each player has their own draw stack you are trying to deplete the stack the fastest.
Blink cards have three elements to them. They have one to five shapes in one of five different shapes and one of five colors. In order to play a card you must match one of the three elements.
I beat him by about a dozen cards. Time to go back to handicapping the game. I think I'll try a handicap of six.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?